Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: ratings system

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

ratings system

Trying to accomplish a rating system that will give results like this:IMG_6469.jpg

Let a visitor have a choice of three options and the three will have another value of lets say 1 , 5 , 10 to trigger the rating in the circle graph (percentage). Will like this on pages and post using WP...Lets just say most plugins are simple or have horrible ratings. Thoughts...

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    The problem is programming within WP without using a plugin. Essentially, you'll have to make your own plugin, which is very difficult / advanced programming.

You can't just throw PHP scripting into a post. And it also involves the database.

Not that it can't be done, it's just going to take a huge learning curve.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes I found one ratings system that was ok and decent reviews. He says if I can find a coder to hook into his plugin and add custom code to achieve results. Here is some of the message:

you can hook into the plugin calculations system and change ratings according to your own code and that is how you can use your custom algorithm. But, that would require custom coding. To display things differently, you need to custom code and style the template for this, so all this would require custom PHP coding, some custom CSS stlying, and customized HTML/PHP template.
    Interesting that WP plugins doesn't have to many options for ratings/polls

I'll add another question on this thread: How does one go about finding quality coders/developers? I been working on my own sites for years and unfortunately always used CMS to achieve my goals.I can get some decent results but can always use some help

TY

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Just out of curiosity, what plugin are you using ... name of plugin and author, or a link to it.

Remove Ads