Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Trouble With Home/Index page on website. Can anyone With This !

Got a website about my heirloom bean collection. A Bean Collector's Window. I'm not the worlds best coder but here is my problem. When I log on to my site the header image on the index/home page won't load. When I right click on the page and view the page source there is no image tag in the header that would produce the image. When I go to the first page of beans. Page A-Ce the header image loads. Then from that page when I click on the home link to go back to the index page the header image loads and if i view a copy of that page the page source the image tag is now present in the header div. It's almost as if there are two index pages on the server, but I can only find one. What can I do to make the index page load with the header image like it used to.

I have also found links to gambling sites that have the link to my website right underneath the link to their online gambling site. Is this legal for them to do that? Those links can be found by going to google search engine and typing in the names of some of the bean varieties on my web pages. However I can not find any strange code on any of my html pages that are not mine.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Someone has gotten into your web pages and inserted links. Either via your webhost, or poor security on your pages. You can check for files, javascripts, and the .htaccess file to see if anything looks amiss.

When you go to your URL like this ... the background image does not appear:
    A Bean Collector's Window

But if you go to your URL like this ... the background image is OK:
    home page

Normally, not specifying "index.html" would automatically load "index.html" and you should be seeing the same page, but that is not happening.

That again points to a problem most likely with your .htaccess file
    Someone has written some "rewrite rules" that are hijacking your site.

If you trust me ... after all you don't know anything about me .... private message me and if you trust giving me your FTP or webhost account info, I will look at where the problem is being injected. Likewise, you can contact your webhost and ask for assistance (but they might charge you a fee).

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Jay, I would suggest you to take decision immediately to avoid further issue with hacking and spamming stuff on your site
    Just a suggestion please rename your user I'd from ADMIN to any other name you like

Let me know if you look forward for any help

Remove Ads