Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

What do you call this menu style and how to I create it?

Hi everyone, new member, first post.

I've decided that I hate my old multi-level drop-down fly-out menus. They're hard to use and look dated. I like the menus on Battelle.org. If you click on "Government Offerings" for example, two sublevels of menu items are all displayed in one nice, wide multi-column layout. It's a clean, modern look and it's so easy to see all the choices at a glance.

First question: Is there a name for this style?
    Second question: Anyone know of some template css code to help me get started with a similar layout?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    One problem with it ... it's all javascripting. You might not realize how many people have it turned off. You can view websites really fast if javascripting is off, but you lose interactivity. That's why sites will use javascripting, but not rely on it for critical operation.

Member #
    Good point. I'm sure there should be a pure css3 way to achieve a similar effect, though maybe with fewer effects.

Remove Ads