Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question How to make an Account system?

Hey

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if i took the wrong topic or so... but I have a question. On my Website, at the time hosting with jimdo, I want to creat an account system, where the user can register and login. Then I will make a system that works like this. If you upload a specific pdf type (in my situation exams) you'll get coins and with these coins you're allowed to download a pdf from the website. But only those people who have enough points can download these datas. So I have a litte knowlege about programming but not that much... so do you have an idea how i can do this? Are there some templeates or turtorials? I'm thankfull for any help.

Regard Nik

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You will need to use PHP/PDO (SQL database). I'm not sure if they allow that or not?
    You'll have to find out if they (jimdo web hosting) have server-side scripting features, PHP, FTP, an SQL control panel, etc.

How large will the PDF files be (in filesize, KB, MB, GB)?

Also, know that PHP can create/generate PDF files. Example, you wish to use a database or information to serve a PDF to the user on-the-fly, not a PDF that has been stored.

Remove Ads