Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Help for Website Layout - Online Service

Hello,

I am planning on starting a side business for an online website/service where the customer would ship an item to the business address for fixing/repair.

So far I've purchased and setup a WordPress site with a theme. My largest dilemma in continuing getting this setup is figuring out the best way to handle the initial customer order, primarily due to shipping. A few things come to mind:

1) have the customer figure out shipping on their own and have them fill out, print, and put in the package some sort of service form to know what is needed to be done/fixed.

2) Figure out a way to funnel visitors to and include an online service form, with a print your own label all-in-one solution, with a pre-determined destination for the label. Would be nice to make a small % of the label cost for the business as well. Would a plugin work for this? Would a WooCommerce store need to be setup for something like this?

I'm fairly new to WordPress and have so many questions and thoughts, and want to do it right the first time. I realize there's not a BEST way, but I'm trying to find the best/easiest solution for my needs. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
    Jimmy

Remove Ads