Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a request from a client where she wants to customise a document, preferably an Adobe pdf document but perhaps a Word document will do, with details from the user that have been submitted via a web form.

Is this possible and how do I do it?

I usually use ASP for web page programming. Can it be done with that?

I have also created CGI web applications using Delphi before, and I know Delphi can be used to customise Word documents. Is that the way to go?

Just to make clear what I want to do:
    - User fills in form on web site (name, company, location etc).
    - Web site takes details and uses them to customise Adobe or Word document.
    - User is presented with this document to download or print which contains their name, company, location etc...

Thanks,
    Stephen

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    A .DOC file will be easy... just write it as HTML and save the file as .DOC. Word will convert the HTML to RTF when it opens the file the first time.

A .PDF file will be a little more difficult with ASP... for that you'll need a plug-in component that allows you to write PDFs. I think TheGAME had this problem not too long back. Try searching:

[searchwdf]PDFLib[/searchwdf]

Remove Ads