Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Users to complete spreadsheet on website and send data

Hi

I run a football/soccer prediction league for fun with my friends. At the moment I send out an excel spreadsheet and people complete the scores and send it back to me. I then put their scores on my main spreadsheet.....but
    what I'd like to do is create a free website (Wix or similar) where the spreadsheet is there and can be completed online and then a submit button sends it to me in a format I can paste onto my main spreadsheet.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    I've never used WIX before, but it looks like they offer advanced features:
    https://www.wix.com/code/home?utm_ca..._articles_beta

Whether or not they are free, I'm not sure. But you can look into it.

More about the features:
    https://www.wix.com/code/reference/
    Last edited by mlseim; Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

Member #
    It sounds like it might be easier for you to create a spreadsheet in Google Docs. Then you can just put a link on your website and get people to fill in their information straight into that sheet.

Other benefit is, it should minimize the work you need to do because you won't have to transfer the information to another spreadsheet.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    @successoverseas ...

This is a forum. A forum is a place to discuss topics, assist people with problems, and provide solutions. If you are here to advertise your business, or get people to visit your business website, then you are in the wrong place. If you think posting any links on this website will help your SEO .. it won't. This website is a "no-follow" site. Search engines don't crawl the posts.

Please provide detailed solutions and assistance to people asking for help. "Thanks for sharing with us" does not contribute anything to the threads. Also, asking people to private message you (so you can make them pay for help) is not the intention of this forum. Any more of those "thanks" posts will result in being banned.

Member #
    You can't use something like custom forms? Where You can add custom fields and it work similar to contact form?

Remove Ads