Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Private secret web template

I'm sorry that it might sound weird....
    (and sorry for my poor English)

Is there any private secret web template/package?

I am not sure what the terminology is.

For example, somebody applied a web hosting supporting PHP and a few file storage(1GB maybe).
    He used it to record same text memo and a few binary files(not many or huge).
    Those files/data are encrypted(with RSA or some other ways), especially the text data.

The web is only for private usage, not for public, security is the most important, cookie might be allowed.
    It might support calendar or photo album. And no fancy software library stack, just tiny, fast and safe.

Functions to pack files into a structured archive might be good.

The motivation of this is what happened to me hours ago.
    I am using same online journal service to record data, note something and transfer it between devices.
    But I found the journal service company is monitoring the content, even I never make the content public.

Thank you.
    Last edited by nnull; Jun 17th, 2018 at 01:35 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    When you subscribe to a shared webhost, example GoDaddy, you are renting space on their server, along with many other people. In general, it is secure, but there are always some ways to hack into it ... if someone really wanted to spend the time and money to do it.

You can subscribe to a "dedicated server" with companies, example Network Solutions. You are given storage space and you are in control of the server. This is more advanced stuff, and with an SSL (secure website), you pay a lot more money. But it would be the securest way to do it without owning your own server.

In any of those methods, you can do whatever you want with the storage. Make web page(s), use the database, store files that are "secret", where there are no links to them. I store all kinds of things on my webhost account. It's not a secure server, but I've never had any issues with hacking (that I know of).

Keep in mind that anything you put on the internet, or networked to any other computer is not 100% secure.

If you have unlimited amounts of money to spend, you can make it insanely hard to hack into, or get information. If your information is that secret, you should not be using a computer connected to anything, not even your home network.

Remove Ads