Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Photo gallery

Member #

Photo gallery

Hello and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I have made my website it live and visible, I would like to change the photo gallery on there. What I would like is simply to be able to upload all my photos to a specific folder, and those photos be automatically shown without the need for me to edit the website to add new photos?

I hope someone can understand what I'm asking for, thank you in advanced

Web address is http://www.childmindersos.co.uk/

If you look at this on a mobile phone you see a different page the photo gallery is not visible on the mobile site.

Any advise on what I could change would be nice too.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    This is going to be a tough one. First of all, you'll have to tell us how you created the site. With web page software? Then you have to realize that you can't just upload photos to a specific gallery because you have a caption for each photo. How will you edit that? Tell us how you are making changes now ... what software and the steps you take.

So it comes down to using a responsive template for your entire website. That would solve the problem with viewing on all devices. The template could have a built-in gallery and would use a real database to handle the CMS (Content Management System). But you would need all of the CMS programming done to handle the actual server-side scripting. Hiring a programmer will cost money.

Some would say you could use WordPress and that would be OK too. If you used WordPress, all of the scripting is done for you. But you would have to learn how to use WordPress, as the administrator, and how to use plugins, themes, etc. WordPress takes time to learn.

So I would say you need to start over with your website, using WordPress. You'll have to learn how to use it though.

But still tell me how you are doing it now, what software you use, who your webhost is, and your technical geek skills.

Member #
    Hi there,

I have tested your website and I like to send you a message, the website is not good as fronted design & backend functionality. I have listed...

1. The site looks like as a 10 years ago design
    2. It's footer section absence and galley, form etc functionality is bad.
    3. The site responsiveness section is bad, it's not a mobile-friendly site
    4. And lot's of things if not perfect.
    5. You must develop your site for competing with your competitor

Remove Ads