Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Web Design

Member #

Web Design

Hi guys i would like to build a web site but now sure how to go about it. I would like a website where people can upload videos, photos etc and be able to send these by email,facebook at certain times or date? Any info on how to do this or what site to use to build this would be very helpful thanks?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    711 times
    Very difficult for anyone that doesn't have some programming experience.
    This will not just be a simple wordpress or plug-and-play website.
    Not a very positive answer, but your situation will involve a secure, dedicated server. It will require a lot of storage and bandwidth. It will require a lot of OAuth2.0, which is advanced scripting.
    wakefield455 likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for replying.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Very difficult for anyone that doesn't have some programming experience.
    This will not just be a simple wordpress or plug-and-play website.
    Not a very positive answer, but your situation will involve a secure, dedicated server. It will require a lot of storage and bandwidth. It will require a lot of OAuth2.0, which is advanced scripting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wakefield455 View Post
    Thanks for replying.

Is there any other way around this. All i want to do it to let people login load videos and photos and then be able to send then at a certain point in the future. Or is it best to have a website with these videos and then links???

Member #
    Liked
    711 times
    It depends on what you mean by "send them".

You can't send them to anyone's facebook account without knowing their login and having appropriate OAuth keys.

The only thing you could really send them to would be an email or text message. You would need to know the email and smartphone number. When they uploaded them, they would have to tell you that. The bad part would be if someone uploads videos and photos and expects you to send them to other people, not the person who uploaded them. Do you see the problem with that? I could upload some adult XX photos and schedule them to be emailed to my enemy's grandmother. Tracking the sender would point to YOU, the site owner. Your website would be responsible for grandma's heart attack. Or a person who plans on taking their own life could upload a video to be delivered to a family after they have ended their life ... that's really creepy and unethical.

Sometimes people post questions on this forum with an idea they have, but word it in such a way that it's not really what they are asking. Either you have not thought your idea through, or you are not asking your question clearly. What are you really trying to do?
    Last edited by mlseim; Aug 13th, 2018 at 07:48 PM.

Member #
    WordPress and PHP are the best Platform to create a website based on your need.

Member #
    For the beginner it might be a bit difficult to build the site like this, You can try this by using wordpress which is easy to understand and one of the most easy to use cms tool available. It is based on php and mysql.

Remove Ads