Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Member 20GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    50751

    Problems with site, how do I use Google console to troubleshoot it?

    Hi all, sorry for the vague description but that as close to the problem as I could get.

    First let me explain the situation. I'm not a student. This is not for money. Feel free to use the code if you want.

    Here's the story. I'm a janitor, a couple years ago I was looking a unique way to manage my tasks. I don't know code but knew what I wanted. So I posted what I was looking for, my idea and someone graciously enough wrote these few pages for me. We tweaked it with a few more functions and it worked great for about 2 years.

    I put my duties into Google calendar as events (not tasks). Google emailed reminders to my Web site email. Each day my site read, parsed and posted it as a task with a check box on my site. I'd put a check in the box and hit submit when I completed the task. I could print out a CSV file of the dates completed if I wanted.

    Since then I've quit using it because all the tasks became second nature. But the site was still functioning and gathering tasks. So I disabled it. I've forgotten exactly how I did that I'm sure it was something simple. The site would still display but it wouldn't have any tasks to do.

    Last week I started looking into what I did to disable it and was going to ask how to use the Google dev tools to troubleshoot it.

    So that still has to be done, haven't changed anything. As Murphys luck goes yesterday, right when I was about to try troubleshoot it to see if I could figure it out on my own, the site wouldn't even resolve.

    I was getting this error
    "Cannot connect to your email account Certificate failure for host113.kvchosting.com: self signed certificate:"

    So I sent that to my host and they have me a new server host name. I put that in the code and now get this error.

    "Cannot connect to your email account POP3 connection broken in response"

    I thought I would get the code checked before proceeding.
    I'm including a link to the 9 short files

    I tried to use the google console and found some weird error and that code is not even included in my code so it must be something its reaching out to?

    How do I use Google console to troubleshoot it?

    Any advice or help would be great.
    (sorry about the image being to small, that's the only way your site will let me show it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 20GT; Aug 20th, 2018 at 03:55 AM.

  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,686
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    716 times
    I think that was me that helped you with it.

    The thing that changed was OAuth2 ... which is a new elaborate, secure way to connect to Google Drive. If you were to use a PDO (mysql) database to do the list of janitorial jobs and schedules instead of using Google, it would be much more simple. I can't remember why you were needing to use Google email specifically.

    Understanding OAuth2 BubbleCode by Johann Reinke

    If you want to re-invent the website app using PDO, let me know.

    I always wondered what happened .. if you ever used the program or not, or if it was even useful.

    Now that everyone has smart phones, you could have a tiny QRcode located in each room and simply point a smartphone at it with the camera to log the date, time, and proof that you were physically there. There are more wireless integrated methods now available.


  4. #3
    Member 20GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    54
    Member #
    50751
    Ah yes I didn't check my older messages till now and there we are talking about it a bit back in 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    The thing that changed was OAuth2 ... which is a new elaborate, secure way to connect to Google Drive.
    It doesn't connect to google at all. It uses google calendar, so that its easy to set up events, and sends the reminder notifications to my email and that's where my site reads them.

    I used the program for a couple of years and found it very useful, until my duties became second nature. So a couple months ago I disabled it. As of last week I could still get to the main page and download the history file. But now it errors out I think it's something my host did. I have to figure that out before I can troubleshoot how I disabled it from posting new tasks.
    Last edited by 20GT; Aug 20th, 2018 at 03:09 PM.


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com