Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

iPad Pro? purchasing new apple computer

hi.
    I am new to web design. I have just started learning html.
    not sure how deeply I will learn code. but I may get at least a good grounding and plan to learn more than just html.
    I also enjoy designing (drawing, etc.). So I will use some kind of platforms too.

How dependable would an iPad Pro be for designing and creating websites?

My other thought is a MacBook Pro.
    thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    It depends on how you are creating them. With some web design software? Or are you using the webhost's web builder, or are you using wordpress, or are you doing it all from scratch using a text editor. And are you using FTP? If you plan on not getting a shared webhost account and doing it on your own server, that might be a problem.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I avoid apple nowadays. To overpriced and doomed to fail within a few years.

Just get a gaming computer with lots of ram 16gb +, fast ssd hard drive, 3.0+ ghz processor, and a awesome graphics card (for multiple screens) and you will be set.

With apple you are paying for brand mostly. If you get the hardware right, you will be good for almost everything. This will save you lots of money in the long run.

I have had many apple laptops and computers over the years. Never going back. Now i have a desktop computer and a suped up laptop for the price of one macbook pro or macbook desktop.

Plus you can upgrade the hardware components in the non mac computers( most of them)

apple solders their components into the motherchip and everything. You will have to buy a entire new computer now, unless you are really good with electronic and circuits and soldering.
    Last edited by muuwebdesign; Sep 26th, 2018 at 07:10 AM.
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

Member #
    Hi muu. I had been retired from the computer world for a while and have been on a user friendly, simple, go with the flow track. Thus apple.

I want something I can depend on to sync with my iphone and do video conference calls with people using macs (and everyone else)

Can u recommend anything along those lines before I purchase a MacBook Air?

Remove Ads