Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Needing help starting out

Just as the title says I don't really know what I am doing when starting an website honestly, so I am going to try one of the free and easy "already made" website layouts and just buy a web address and start filling up the layout with what I am interested in. Sounds easy but like I said I'm new and need suggestions on what you would do if you were me. I am doing this to make money because I would like to have a side source of income from running ads on my website. Is this hard to do? What could I expect to make if I start getting visits on my website? I am sure I won't make much being that I don't really have any hot ideas for a website that would make it blowup, but something is better than nothing.

Basically I just need your suggestions,

If you could help me I would much appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    It is all about building an online business. Beware of the get rich quick gurus that are out to empty your pockets.
    This i9s where I learned about building an online business 15 years ago: https://www.sitesell.com/dstu77
    Last edited by delstu; Sep 27th, 2018 at 10:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    there are tons of youtube series on how to build websites. Watch one and stick to it and try your best. Immerse yourself in the process. Everyone here at one point didn't know a thing about websites.

If you are trying to make money with adsense, expect peanuts unless you have tens of thousands of new viewers per month. Gaining new visitors takes a lot of time unless you are a paid traffic wizard and can direct thousands of people to your site.

Large email list will work, having a large amount of youtube channel subscribers etc.. Just stick with it long term and big things will happen
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Why will people want to visit your website? If you don't have any useful content nobody will visit. You can't money unless you have site visitors.

Member #
    Yeah I know I need to figure out what I want to put on my website to earn traffic. I am going to start thinking of things that is a very popular topic, maybe I can make this work if I put effort in it. We will see.

Remove Ads