Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    60072

    Researching for a new site..

    I'm doing some research for a new site and just putting feelers out for now, the new site is a few weeks away.

    What I'm looking for is someone who can write (In Native English) killer text for the home page, and likely other pages.

    The home page will have the standard, header+logo etc , navigation and sign in/up sections etc, leaving the major section for selling the site to the users.

    Its a new service that most would have never seen or thought of before, but when they see the sample, I want them to want it, so the text has to tell people why they want to pay for this service and to coax them into taking the steps to get involved.

    I would like to hear from someone who is good at writing a great introductory home page with "wow" factor, but not to scary, I suspect many will be hesitant at first..

    If you can also do videos or character intro videos that would be great..

    Let me know if you can or know of someone you've used before..

    Thanks..

  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,772
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    723 times
    What will the topic be? And who is the intended audience?
    I could write great copy about Industrial Electronics, Internet of Things ... but terrible writing if it was about women's products. See what I mean? How would we know what we are writing about?


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    60072
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    What will the topic be? And who is the intended audience?
    I could write great copy about Industrial Electronics, Internet of Things ... but terrible writing if it was about women's products. See what I mean? How would we know what we are writing about?
    That's exactly the problem I have, its easy to write exciting text about a topic you love, but finding people who can write good text abut a subject they have no idea about is hard.. What I need is a good wordsmith, someone who knows what words excite people and can get their emotions running..

    The topic is about helping people who are unemployed and are serious about getting a job. Perhaps not surprisingly research has shown that a large majority of the unemployed are satisfied with just bumming along.. They lack ambition.. This project is about picking up the marginal groups..

  5. #4
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,772
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    723 times
    I would be able to write something.

    The issue you are talking about has other facets. Some of those unemployed might have health issues, injuries, disabilities, mental illness. What appears as lack of ambition may be the inability to have a productive full-time job. The general public may seem to think they are lazy or taking advantage of the welfare system. The problem is, some are doing that, others are not. There's no way to determine why they are "bumming along".

    So if I were to pick a "marginal group", I would target the young kids coming out of high school that don't seem to have any hope of succeeding. Catch them before they become the "unemployed". It would begin with the fact that public and private schools are shaming kids into thinking they need to have a college degree to get a job. So families end-up with thousands of dollars of student debt to get that degree, but the jobs they find are not necessarily worth the debt. In reality, kids are not going into the "trades". In 20 years there won't be anyone left to build buildings. In the U.S., there is a major shortage of Electricians, Pipe Fitters, Carpenters, Iron workers, etc. Here's an amazing opportunity to get a job which will increase in pay because of the shortage of workers. A male or female with a high school diploma and some trade school training can get jobs almost instantly. The jobs require a person to get their hands dirty, and it might be hot or cold outside, and they might have to use their muscles. But they have no student debt. In fact, many contractors will PAY them for trade school and PAY them incentives and bonuses to become apprentices.

    I work as an Industrial Electronics Tech in a large manufacturing plant. When high school students tour our plant and see what type of Engineering jobs there are (again, they are told to get a college degree), they see people like me and discover I have a very good paying job without a college degree. My job stems from a technical trade school and apprenticeship on the job. They were never told about careers that don't require college degrees. Those "blue collar" jobs are pushed aside and they are told to seek the high-tech engineering and business management jobs. They are taught that if you have to wear a uniform or coveralls, you don't want that job.
    Last edited by mlseim; Oct 07th, 2018 at 07:39 AM.


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    60072
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I would be able to write something.

    The issue you are talking about has other facets. Some of those unemployed might have health issues, injuries, disabilities, mental illness. What appears as lack of ambition may be the inability to have a productive full-time job. The general public may seem to think they are lazy or taking advantage of the welfare system. The problem is, some are doing that, others are not. There's no way to determine why they are "bumming along".

    So if I were to pick a "marginal group", I would target the young kids coming out of high school that don't seem to have any hope of succeeding. Catch them before they become the "unemployed". It would begin with the fact that public and private schools are shaming kids into thinking they need to have a college degree to get a job. So families end-up with thousands of dollars of student debt to get that degree, but the jobs they find are not necessarily worth the debt. In reality, kids are not going into the "trades". In 20 years there won't be anyone left to build buildings. In the U.S., there is a major shortage of Electricians, Pipe Fitters, Carpenters, Iron workers, etc. Here's an amazing opportunity to get a job which will increase in pay because of the shortage of workers. A male or female with a high school diploma and some trade school training can get jobs almost instantly. The jobs require a person to get their hands dirty, and it might be hot or cold outside, and they might have to use their muscles. But they have no student debt. In fact, many contractors will PAY them for trade school and PAY them incentives and bonuses to become apprentices.

    I work as an Industrial Electronics Tech in a large manufacturing plant. When high school students tour our plant and see what type of Engineering jobs there are (again, they are told to get a college degree), they see people like me and discover I have a very good paying job without a college degree. My job stems from a technical trade school and apprenticeship on the job. They were never told about careers that don't require college degrees. Those "blue collar" jobs are pushed aside and they are told to seek the high-tech engineering and business management jobs. They are taught that if you have to wear a uniform or coveralls, you don't want that job.
    I'm with you mlseim, you're close to hitting the nail on the head...

    But... I agree that the Government bundles all unemployed into one pile and the news media slakes them as lazy dole bludgers. In fact its far from the truth.

    I have one friend who is a school teacher and she tells me that many of her students really couldn't give a damn about learning.. They can't see the point in it. My friend was nearly in tears when she told me that the whole class would be moving up to the next year even though many students lacked basic reading and writing. There is no pressure on students to excel.

    Another two friends run an assistance for youth class for kids that can't get a job because they lack basic education skills.

    I gave their class a talk on a " life experience subject " to their class once and I noted that their were 4-5 boys that wanted to work in I.T. NONE had any formal I.T. training at all, and they didn't want to attend a college or uni because they felt they already knew enough. Sure they can fix basic windows problems, but to get a job in I.T. they need to have the formal training, the self taught concept may have worked in the 1980's but today, employers want to have someone with the education and proven skills. These kids simply wont get a job till they get the skills.

    Myself ? I spent 9 years training in Electronics with the R.A.A.F (Aus) and in the 1990's transferred to programing, but because I was a self taught programmer, I found it hard to get work till I when back to UNI..

    I could write a book on this, but it's getting away from the purpose of the proposed website.. You can email me direct at carl@carlnielsen.net if you need.

    Thanks

  7. #6
    Member muuwebdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    37
    Member #
    59932
    Liked
    6 times
    post in the facebook group Cults of Copy or something (cant remember the name). Lots of good writers in there. Or you can google about your topic and read several blogs on it and email the writers if they would write for you for money.
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    60072
    Quote Originally Posted by muuwebdesign View Post
    post in the facebook group Cults of Copy or something (cant remember the name). Lots of good writers in there. Or you can google about your topic and read several blogs on it and email the writers if they would write for you for money.
    Thanks Muu... Will do'


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com