Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Adding Blogroll to Menu i-Amaze Wordpress theme

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am building a site for a client and she decided to pick a free theme (i-amaze Wordpress theme).

I have everything set up the way she wants it but for 2 issues:

1) She wants a link to her blogroll in the menu. Normally, this isn't a problem but when I go to General Settings/Reading and switch to Latest posts, we lose the home page customization. An alternative was to create a page with a custom link in the menu #blog but that didn't work either. I can't find any other place in the customization that addresses this.

2) Creating a blog page with the Bitzy builder. She wants to be able to add posts with pictures because she's an event planner. If I just build a post without the builder I can customize it myself with a row for pictures using HTML. But she won't be able to do this herself. When I build a post with the Bitzy builder, the menu disappears.

The site is: beehiveginger.com

Is this a PHP issue? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Tell me what the real URL is for her blogroll. Where is the link supposed to go?

The 2nd question I'm not sure I understand ... probably because I don't know where the blog currently is. And never heard of Bitzy either.

The main paragraph on the main page ... the paragraph that starts like this:
    Beehive Ginger Productions is an events production ....
    I suggest you have someone proof-read that for you and correct the grammar/punctuation. I'm not an English expert myself, but I can tell some of the sentences are very wrong and hard to read. Seriously, and not to offend you, but really have someone help you with the grammar.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! I'll attach a few links so you can see what I mean.

Question 1: I'm not altogether sure where the blogroll is supposed to be directed to. In the customization, the instructions are to create a custom link using #blog. But when I did that, and clicked on Blog in the menu, it went nowhere. I wrote to the developers last week and they never responded. I even posted on their FB page and still nothing.

Question 2: The Test Post has the header on it. It was created without using the builder. The Halloween post was created with the Brizy builder (sorry, I typed Bitzy by accident) and loses the header for some reason.

Test post: Test post - Beehive Ginger Productions

Halloween post: Halloween 2018 - Beehive Ginger Productions

About page: created with the Brizy builder without the menu module at the top. About - Beehive Ginger Productions

I take your point about the grammar. I was so focused on getting things to work that I didn't really read the content!

Thanks so much for looking at this for me!

P.S. The only way I managed to get the blog post to work was to add Latest Posts to a Widget in a sidebar but she wants the latest posts in the menu.
    Last edited by Alanna Baxter; Nov 12th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Tell me what a "blogroll" means to you.

Is it just a page where people can comment back and forth, like the "test page" you made?

The Halloween "page" is a page not a post?
    The test page is a page that contains posts ... which is what I think a "blog" should be.
    But you may use the word "blog" different than my interpretation.
    Or it's a geographic language thing ... sort of like a "fanny pack" for me is a "bum bag" for you. The same thing, but "not the same", if you know what I mean.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    So the idea is to click on Blog in the menu and be directed to a screen that lists all the latest posts (blogroll). Both the Halloween post and the test post are posts--not pages. Here's what it looks like in a sidebar. Event Management - Beehive Ginger Productions

But she wants it in the menu.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Oh ... now I get it. I remember that term now ... it's an old wordpress thing.

Here's what I learned.
    Wordpress Blogroll no longer exists (as in the old fashioned blogroll).

But, you can use this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/links-shortcode/

Does the same thing and you can create a page that displays all of the links ... a page that only shows the "blogroll" or link shortcodes.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    That's fantastic! Thanks a mil for that! I'll give it a shot!

Remove Ads