Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Tool to copy an element of a website (HTML + CSS)

I'm learning web development looking for a tool which lets me copy an element of a website (for example, say a menu) and copy both the HTML and CSS for that element for tinkering. Similar to when you inspect element in chrome except allowing you to save and or copy to clipboard easily. Does anyone have any experience with such a tool?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Your browser has the ability to view HTML source. And any javascripting or CSS files are text files that can be accessed directly. The only thing you cannot see is actual server-side scripting.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi mlseim, thanks for your reply.

Yes I've already used view source and inspect tools, server side scripting is not needed but I find they are not very efficient tools for what I'm trying to do.

With View Source you have to track down the sections and files individually
    With Inspect element it's difficult to accurately copy and paste large sections, as for me, trying to highlight all styles also highlights the "computed" pane causing it to not work. HTML is then copied separately.

I'm looking for an alternative / a dedicated tool which is designed to do that in a more efficient manner.

Remove Ads