Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Who can suggest a service for creating a calculator on the site?

Hi! Can someone suggest a good online service to create your calculator on the site? For example, so that you can add a form with fields and specify the necessary formulas. Then output the calculation results in it. This is necessary to create several calculators for the sale of several types of products. Plugins and scripts do not fit, I want to see some kind of online service, where you do not need to program. Are there any and have you used them? Thank!

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    Why won't "scripts" fit?
    Are you using a 'free' webhost like WIX or Weebly?

Are your calculations constantly changing, or will have a few 'fixed' formulas for each product?

If the calculations are dependent on specific things for each product, you would almost have to use a script that accesses the database where the products are stored, in order to get specific details from each row in the database (for each product).

Give me an example of a particular product and what the "calculator" will need to calculate.

Member #
    This is a site on Squarespace, they have the opportunity to add forms, but they are not suitable for online calculators. The formulas for the calculation will change, if it is through the code, then it will probably be difficult to constantly change. You need several calculators, about 8 or 10 pieces for several types of products. The goods have not yet been placed, since it was decided not to make a complete online store, but in the meantime to do with a calculator, since there you still need to calculate the cost depending on many parameters: characteristics, type, manufacturer, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    I just found this page:
    https://support.squarespace.com/hc/e...cles/206543167

They do allow "embed blocks" with javascripting or iframes, but you have to pay for the "Website Business Plan".
    That means that you can display things from "third party", or other sites on your squarespace page.
    If you are using a Squarespace 'trial', they let you try the embed to see how it works.

In your mind, or in reality, how do you envision the calculations to be done?

Give me an example of the 8 to 10 pieces you need. I can generate an HTML form and do a calculation so you can experiment and see if you can make my form show up on your site. I will play the part of the "third party" service. If you can make my form appear, you can make anybody's form appear and work.

At least you'll know that it can be done. You probably picked Squarespace as your website/webhost because you integrate Squarespace in your business? But if you have another website for any other reason, that could be the "third party" where you do the calculations. I'm assuming you won't find a simple API service that does it. What you're doing is too specific.

You can PM me if things can't be public here.

NOTE:
    There is another option ... thinking outside of the box ...
    Let's say you use Squarespace as your business website and you need the calculator feature. You can subscribe to another webhost for only $40 for a whole year. That webhost account will be your calculator. Since you said that you cannot do the programming, you could hire a freelancer to go into your website and do the programming for you. They would enter your $40 webhost site account/files and never have to touch your Squarespace account.
    This is an example of a $40-$60 per year webhost: www.cleverdot.com

With another website, because Squarespace doesn't have the database or server-side features you need, you can actually create a whole database of all your products and crunch all the calculations you need. Your $40 website would be your own private API, that you own. You won't pay a fee to anyone else for that service .. it's your service.

If you don't want to spend anything on your business to make it happen, then you may want to reconsider having an online business. It takes money to make money, and if you can't script or program, you'll have to hire someone that can.
    Last edited by mlseim; Mar 27th, 2019 at 06:01 PM.

Member #
    I appreciate you answer and help Great, really as it turned out on Squarespace you can add code which is very useful! Yes, I have a ready-made site on Squarespace, and also we plan to launch another site. I used the search and found this solution ucalc.pro/en/help/integration/squarespace

Perhaps this will work, but I have not yet decided whether to use it. Perhaps there will be some more suggestions.

The option of placing the calculator on a separate hosting looks a bit complicated, although the option is not bad, but it will depend on how the freelancer does it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jknmbx View Post
    This is a site on Squarespace, they have the opportunity to add forms, but they are not suitable for online calculators. The formulas for the calculation will change, if it is through the code, then it will probably be difficult to constantly change. You need several calculators, about 8 or 10 pieces for several types of products. The goods have not yet been placed, since it was decided not to make a complete online store, but in the meantime to do with a calculator, since there you still need to calculate the cost depending on many parameters: characteristics, type, manufacturer, etc.
    This is an excellent solution, which I also use.

Remove Ads