Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By Kinsi

Thread: website design problem on speed

Member #

website design problem on speed

We are a company that owns this website but when designing the website the programmer added a set of images that serve the design of the template, but the sizes of these images are very large which affects the speed of the website
    The website on the WordPress platform and I used the additions to reduce the speed of the site but did not do anything

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Nice looking site.
    It loaded for me ok considering the size of the images. You could probably optimize the images in Photoshop, or another imaging editor, and add a caching plugin to the site. Anyone's isp connection speed could also effect how fast it loads, and the sever it's on.
    Last edited by bleau canon; May 20th, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
    jack_x and webtech like this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your site looks very nice and modern, but it takes a long time to load. This is due to the fact that the graphic part is heavy. I advise you to compress images to the maximum and with minimal loss in quality. Check the download speed of the site after making changes host-tracker.com/InstantCheck/Create?type=Waterfall I also advise you to choose a hosting plan at a faster rate or transfer the site to another hosting.
    Last edited by Kinsi; May 20th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
    webtech likes this.

Member #
    The site looks awesome, but I had to wait for 30+ seconds for it to load. I don't think images are your problem, I downloaded a few of them and they were all under 100KB, which is good.

The thing is, Google Pagespeed gives your website a rating of 70, which means the slow load time isn't consistent. Try changing hosts and see if that makes a difference.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Here's a look through Google's Page Speed Insights https://developers.google.com/speed/...%2F&tab=mobile

Here some of the reds:

Properly size images

See attached image. Some of the images are more than forty times bigger than they need to be.

image.jpg

Eliminate render-blocking resources

The page won't display on screen until a number of external files are downloaded first. This can be improved by prioritising the most important data, and leaving less important data until later. As you're using WordPress this can be done quite easily with a few plugins and the correct configuration.

Reduce server response times (Time To First Byte)

This is a measure of how fast the web server starts sending data to the visitor so they have something to display. This isn't instant, because the web server always has to do a bit of work to work out what page to send.

Part of this delay is inherent to the WordPress software, which is a little slow because of all it does. But there MAY be optimisations that can be made here, through renting a faster web server if the budget fits, or certain plugins and improvements to the code.

Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy

This won't help a first-time visitor. But it would help someone reading a second page on your website.

Currently they have to effectively download the entire website every time they visit a page.

It can be easily changed so that the visitor's computer remembers what has already been downloaded, so it's much much quicker to load a second page.

Ensure text remains visible during webfont load

Text on the page might not be visible for many seconds while the necessary font downloads.

With some clever code, its possible to change this so that a fall-back font is used while the font loads, so that important text is visible to a website visitor / customer straight away without them waiting.

Need any help?

If you want some very, very, very affordable help, I could probably do all this in a day for you and get real improvements. I've had a lot of experience optimising the loading speed and SEO of wordpress blogs (happy to share references). Page loading speed directly impacts customers, so hopefully this help will pay for itself! Please shoot me an email at contact+sarah@tawesoft.co.uk
    Tawesoft <-- hire me here if you need a Go or Python webdev

Member #
    Huh, weird. After seeing the above post, I did another PageSpeed test and it gave me a score of 28 - and told me that images are the problem. Are you using any kind of CMS? There are easy ways to shrink images.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wessal nayef View Post
    We are a company that owns this website but when designing the website the programmer added a set of images that serve the design of the template, but the sizes of these images are very large which affects the speed of the website
    The website on the WordPress platform and I used the additions to reduce the speed of the site but did not do anything

I have check it your site through speed test, and its very slow loading, above 25 sec to load. And also, I have check it your site structure, and a lot of plugin that you not install to improve your site speed. I recommend for you to :
    - install caching plugin
    - install CDN features
    - install the images compression plugin
    - remove unnecessary plugin

Remove Ads