Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Visual comparison web design: help!

Hi,
    I would like to create a web page for the purpose of comparing a number of items in a visual style, where I can filter which are visible depending on selectable parameters.
    The most similar example of how I would like the page to work is like google maps. There items are located by position on the page, you can change what you’re looking for to show only desired options (e.g. restaurants, hotels etc), & while items are initially shown as small points, when clicked they pop up a box with more information.
    I would like the background to be an image on which I can arrange the items in locations based on their properties (e.g. width & height) so each is easily compared to the others when the page is viewed.
    I have been trying to find examples of pages like this or methods that others have used to build this but with no luck! Can anyone help me with some ideas of how this might be achieved?
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I am not much of an expert but will give my two cents since no one seems to have answered you. My question would be is this one map or more than one? If it is just one I would think you could use something called image maps. Basically that creates hot spots linked on your photo. You could set up something in a menu to show restaurants and another shows hotels etc. Then each restaurant would have a clickable link to bring up a pop up for more details. Do a google search for image maps and see if you think this would work for you. The other question is what are you using to build the site? Something like Wix probably won't work for you but Wordpress should work fine.

Member #
    Do you have any progress with your ideas. I would like to see the result)

Member #
    If you want to do this then you have to learn first how to do this, you should take course of visual studio from lynda.

Remove Ads