Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Should I buy this domain to create a dating site?

Hey guys! This is quite unrelated to subject matter... Ever since I had started learning web designing, I dreamt of creating a dating site one day.. I think that it is the best investment in modern world as romance is becoming a cyber-thing...
    All these years, I had been waiting for the best opportunity, but the domain name had always been a problem.... Quite unexpectedly, I found "elovebirds.com" domain name today for sale on ebay... I feel like it is the perfect platform to start building my dating business empire... Should I buy this domain? Or is it worthless? I'm looking forward for your expert opinion on this.. Thanks in advance..

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Are you sure it's for sale on Ebay?

I see it here:
    https://flippa.com/10301969-elovebirds-com

And it was put on sale 23 hours ago.

That's odd. This makes your post look suspicious. That's about the same time you posted on this site. Tell us what you're really trying to do?

The only reason I would not buy it is because there are dozens of other online dating sites. Why would people use YOUR site? What would be so special about it and how much are you willing to pay for advertising? To get people, you need to attract people and pay to attract people. How much do you think that domain name is going to cost? $2000? I don't know.
    Last edited by mlseim; Oct 02nd, 2019 at 05:28 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I think it is time for a new dream. You have heard the expression "A day late and a dollar short". I think for your dream you are a couple of decades late and at this point 25 million short. In other words "That ship has sailed'. There are so many options for dating sites, some like Plenty of Fish that are free that trying to compete at this stage would be impossible unless you have a unique hook and millions to spend on advertising. I believe I heard even Facebook is getting into online dating. With Tinder, Match, eHarmony and tons more to compete with you would be wasting your time. The URL is ok but not that special to hook new users.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I think it is time for a new dream. You have heard the expression "A day late and a dollar short". I think for your dream you are a couple of decades late and at this point 25 million short....
    I partially agree and disagree with that because only if this guy is persistent and works on it like it means something to him then MAYBE just MAYBE who knows he MIGHT be able to build a renowned dating site. I know the idea is quite old but IF he brings something NEW to the table with his site, he MIGHT just do it. Also, I had dreamt of a same thing but couldn't go through and while I was very serious about it, I researched and found out that dating is so big of a major game that it is expected to put $17Billion in India's GDP by 2020, if I recall it correctly. It was an article by The Daily Telegraph or WSJ if I am recollecting it correctly.

Remove Ads