Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: What to learn

Member #

What to learn

Hello,

I want to create a website and I need some direction about what to learn.
    I am familiar with HTML, CSS, Visual Basic programming. I have created websites in the past with HTML code and dreamweaver, with templates and so on. So I am familiar an able to learn what I need.

The website that I am trying to create will have some movie thumbnails in it and after a click on a thumbnail I want to play a movie in a separate window (much like in adult sites). This is simple to do.

What I want is to write some code and, in a new window, I want to play the movies after some criterias. For example, all the movies that start with letter "a" (it's just an example).

So, my question is, what should I learn to write this code. Which would be the best way to start? Maybe something similar to visual basic sintax would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    This is a hard one to answer because there are a few aspects to this ...

You first need a webhost account that allows the high-bandwidth requiring streaming videos. Most likely it would be on a dedicated server which costs a bit more than a normal shared webhost account. Then you have the actual video format to deal with. The format needs to be acceptable for all of the browsers and devices. The thumbnail part needs some server-side programming to display a "frame" of the video.

My advice would be to purchase an existing "system" that can run as your website on a webhosting account.

This is one example of a pre-made script:
    https://codecanyon.net/item/istream-...emand/18515883

There are many others out there, all of which have different prices to purchase (a one-time price). You upload, install, configure, and customize the scripts yourself. I think most use the MP4 format for videos. Using a pre-made website script will save you a ton of time. You can pretty much get a working website in a day.

Keep in mind that you can purchase two types of scripts.
    1) A WordPress plugin or WordPress theme that requires WordPress
    2) A stand-alone HTML/HTML5 script that you install and run as your website without any WordPress involved.

I always like option 2 the best, but this depends on your technical skills and experience.

Before purchasing anything, find out if your webhost will allow the scripting (streaming bandwidth) and what extra requirements you might need. This would include them hosting adult websites. Many webhosts will not allow that.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Here is Evanto's complete list of media-type website frameworks, scripts, plugins, and themes:

https://codecanyon.net/category/php-...ages-and-media

View the demos, view the customer reviews, and view the system requirements.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    This one for only $34 has very good reviews and lots of customer purchases:
    https://codecanyon.net/item/hellovid...o-cms/11149598

Remove Ads