Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

New to web designing. Trying to self teach please help tysm!!

Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone in advance for all the advice!! AND sorry for your time

I am trying to learn web designing all alone WHILE working full time,, Idk how hard it will be but I am trying to give it a try..

So I understand so far that : Html, coding, css, planning a wireframe, sketch, SEO, are all important but what I don't understand is HOW TO GET THESE IN TO A WEBSITE? Do I have to buy a website first? And What programs to use for HTML, CSS, SEO. I also know there is a basic html layout to create a design but Idk where it should be used.
    How do I get my thoughts of a website inside my brain on to a real website? (I know I may make no sense but I no nothing about designing a web)

Also the same question goes for a UI UX designer. I understand I can use adobe creative cloud, figma etc to design but how do I get it up to an actual app? Does this have another program to build up an ad?

I am currently a print designer. I make flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements and etc.
    I know the basic of being creative but I want to get this up to a website and I need to learn from step 0.

https://jieunyoonblog.wordpress.com/
    this is my portfolio as of now and I want to add webdesigns and UI UX designs to make it stronger.
    Last edited by jieunbaybee; Jan 03rd, 2020 at 02:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    This is really hard to answer.

As you know, you have already created something using WordPress. So WP is the framework and you are adding content to it. WP is written in PHP, which is a server-side language. Many people will use a framework like WP, or WIX, Weebly, Square, etc to create a website. They use pre-existing templates and add photos, graphics, text, videos to build the site.

The other side of the development world is to create websites from scratch. You create the HTML, CSS, and all of the PHP scripting needed to make your site look and work the way you want. This is much more time consuming and requires many more skills.

It seems like you might be at a place in your life where you don't have enough experience to build from scratch, so you'll continue to use WP as you are now doing. You just need to learn the WP framework. How plugins work, how to customize the theme templates, etc.

So to answer your question ... you are currently not developing a website from scratch, you are developing a website using WP. You have to follow all of the rules, procedures, and features that WP allows. You need to decide if using WP is going to work for you, or do you need something different?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    It sounds like you don't plan to use WordPress for the site you build. You asked "Also the same question goes for a UI UX designer. I understand I can use adobe creative cloud, figma etc to design but how do I get it up to an actual app? Does this have another program to build up an ad?"

As far as how you get it up to an actual app. You need a domain name. You need a hosting account and you need an FTP program. I am going to get very basic since you seem to be not real sure how it works. A domain name is the URL you type into a browser to get to your site. When someone types that in it directs it to the hosing account where the files are stored. NameCheap is a good place to get the domain name. A hosting account stores the files that you write to display your web site. There are tons of good hosting companies. I like SiteGround but most all will work just some have better support. Name Cheap also has hosting and if you get your domains there it might be easier to host there. To upload your files you need an FTP program. The most common is FileZilla which is free and fairly easy to use.

Yes, you can use Adobe Creative Cloud to create web sites. You can also hand code them yourself in something like notepad. You can use a CMS program like WordPress or Joomla to create sites. There are lots of premade templates for both those or with WordPress you can use a template that if I recall correctly is called blank slate which is basically just the framework that lets you create any kind of site you want. If WordPress is an option you want to consider read some of the posts here by Bleau Canon. They are quite helpful.

Remove Ads