Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Online service to design and download html in self contained file

Hi all!
    I'm actually using with satisfaction the beefree web design service. This service allows the user to design a (complex) web page and download it as html file. If the web patge contains some resources (images, css, ...), they are automatically uploaded to a beefree hosting server and the html page references those resources in that server. I need now to download the html file without any external reference. So, images are coded in base64 and embedded in the file, css is also embedded, ... I want just download one file that contains all.
    I tried to google to search a such similar service but I cannot find it. Can you suggest me something?

Thank you!

Member #
    You mean boostrap? You can easily use google to search those aleady made websites. Just type in google "free website templates".

Member #
    Hi Triqa. No it isn't what I meant. I nýmean an online service (or a pc application) tahat allows to build a webpage in a wysiwyg-like way and that (this is important) export the html and all resources (css, images, ecc..) in an unique file.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You could try Adobe Dreamweaver. Expensive and complex, but it's a pc program you use offline to make a website.

Other than that, I don't know if what you want exists ... especially for free. Nothing is really free anyhow.
    Especially the images embedded part.

You're better off zipping a directory or folder, with all of the HTML and images, and using that as a "single file".
    Zipped files can be emailed to anyone and they can unzip them.

It might be better if we knew what your purpose or idea of doing this will be. Maybe what you want can be done some other way.

Remove Ads