Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Search Engine with Filters and Sliders

Hi, I'm new to Website building and I'm interested in making a search engine on my site, that allows you to choose one or more keywords from two different lists and then use a sliders to determine by how much you want this keyword to be considered.

So it's about books.
    I want visitor to be able to search for
    1) Genre (choose on or mix em)
    2) Book-features (choose one or more by how many percent, like "easy to understand - 80%")

And then I would like some search results coming up from my sub pages and inform the visitor by how many percent each match hits his criteria.

Can someone please help me with this, provide some insight, push me in a direction to look for more information or just some ideas, where to start?

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    You'll need to use PHP and SQL database to make this work effectively.
    You have your two lists of keywords, but is there the list or database of books that somehow relates to those keywords?
    Is it by title, description, content, ?

Perhaps you're using an online database of books or publications ...

I think we need more information on what level of "searching" you are going after.
    100 books or 1,000,000 books?

Remove Ads