Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Thumbs up Where to discuss commercial web design trends please

2020-02-19 09_56_22-India-Pakistan news_ Islamabad step closer to nuclear superiority, spark Wor.jpg

The above is a screen grab of today's Express website (UK). I would like to find a forum where people discuss the pro and cons of such designs, explanations, justifications, critique and so on.

My personal view as a non-developer, just a user, is that this and all similar websites are a mess. A total disaster for the user.

I've posted here before I think about the practice of plastering pop up captions over the actual video rather than in a frame below it and it got unpleasant with no explanations of why it is done except "that's the way we do it". I want to avoid that this time. I want to see if anyone else thinks current websites need a major rethink.

I have used wordpress to publish several websites, but the above is way above my skill level.

Remove Ads