Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Creating Online-Learning Platform?

Hi everyone,

I'm a language teacher, which means no programming or coding skills, but eager to learn.
    I've spent the past day or two learning on how to create a website, domains, hosting and all that and there are a lot of tutorials on how to use WordPress and plug-ins like the Elementor which is quite easy to use and doesn't require much coding knowledge. Most of them focus on how to make stuff pretty and I got that part.

What do I need to use to create a database, so that people can register and then they get assigned an educational package based on their choosing or a diagnostic test. My web-page won't be that much complicated regarding graphics, but I am going to use a lot of layers, and it would be great if a person could log-in and continue where he stopped, if the page tracked his results, etc. Could somebody point me in the right direction, which tools do I need to use? Are there any tools like WordPress for this type of programming?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Here's what you'll discover ...

You can find plugins for user registration, user management, profiles, etc.
    Some might be free, but some may have a small one-time cost.

Examples:
    https://ltheme.com/top-8-powerful-wo...lugin-in-2019/

That can handle the users registrations and logins. But then to have various files and features assigned to different people would require some sort of customize scripting. To put all of it together might require some more experienced scripting.

Are your education packages online files, like PDF files?

Member #
    Since you are using WordPress you are in good hands, it offers millions of plugins you could use to add features that you have mentioned. Although a tricky thing is, if you add TOO MANY plugins it will also drastically slow your website down, and I think that ones a huge thing, especially for a learning platform. You can also try to find some website builders that have options to add lots of features such as register/login. If not, you can also try considering hiring someone, but that tends to cost a LOT.

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    There are a number of online learning platforms you could publish your courses on, such as Coursera, Edx, and several others. That way you won't have to learn to be a coder (long learning curve).

Member #
    You can easily start with wodrpress. Simply find some free or paid theme and you can start. Wordpress will take care about pages like login/register/my_profile.
    Wordpress can save a lot of time. No extra coding skills are required.

Remove Ads