Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Post Design Multiple Webpages Using Single Code

I'm new to web development. I'm trying to design different pages of a website having similar properties like background, navigation menu, footer etc. How do I design all the webpages using just one code in order to avoid multiple editing when a change is necessary?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You use PHP scripting.

WordPress is PHP scripting, so is this website you are using now (WDF).

PHP is a scripting language this is processed on the webhost server before it gets served to the user. So the PHP script renders all of the HMTL like a template and the content changes for each page. The script pulls the content / data from a database or various files you have on your website.

The PHP script that is the master or main script is called "index.php". Just like "index.html", that page is processed automatically if the user does not specify any other PHP script.

Member #
    Thank you so much for the help. However, I wonder if you can help me with the detailed steps I have to take when developing a multi-webpage website as per a full stack developer.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Create a single web page with the header (top part) you want, the middle portion (content) and the footer (bottom part).
    Just create that using HTML/CSS and make-up some content. The page you create will become your template that will
    eventually be populated with content by using PHP. When you get that template page finished, give me a link to it so I can see it.
    It has to be done online too. So if you don't have a website yet, you need to get one. www.cleverdot.com is a place to get one
    for $40 and that includes your own domain name. If you want to develop websites, you'll need a real shared webhost account.

Remove Ads