If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Sydney, Australia
    Member #

    Name of animation or effect used in website

    Hi all,

    I'm new here and I'm SO glad I can ask someone about this because I have been searching the internet for a few hours and had no luck!

    I'm a web design student (at her very, very, very early start of a new career change!) and in my current assessment, I need to pick a portfolio website and explain the effects, animations, etc. I see it has. I found this amazing work from Leah Haggar "" and I wanted to know what is the effect she uses in her Work page where the pictures of her previous works appear black and white but as soon as you hover your mouse over them they'd color.

    I didn't think it appropriate to contact her and ask directly :redface:

    Can you tell me the name for this animation/effect?

    Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nessy; Apr 15th, 2020 at 06:22 AM.


  3. #2
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Member #
    761 times
    You really need to use Google to search for it ... and it's not hard to find ... 10 seconds, not a few hours.
    This is what I searched for on Google: image change color on hover

    There are several methods, either with CSS, javascripting, JQuery, or a combination of them.
    Some methods switch instant, but the smooth slow effect is nice.

    See this example:

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: