Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: stainedandleadedglass

Member #

stainedandleadedglass

I'm Brian Gebo the owner and operator of the website stainedandleadedglass both .net and .com and I want to build this website for all people interested in stained glass from beginners to professionals. I want to create a members list and allow members to post and comment and also create their own products page.
    I've just begun rebuilding the site.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    If I were to do this from ground zero, I would build my site around buddypress (wordpress):
    https://themeforest.net/item/onecomm...-theme/3713046

For $60 you get the whole thing including Youser User Profile ... where your members can build their own pages.

See the demos.

You create groups (beginner, novice, expert), and have paid memberships for experts to show and sell their stained glass products.

The only thing about going this route is that you need to customize it for your particular business. You can eliminate any social stuff you don't want .. I'm guessing there are ways to turn-on and turn-off features. I've never used this wordpress/buddypress theme, but it seems to me like it would fit just about everything you are wanting to do.

Some really great things are for users to message back and forth, connect with FaceBook, events, forum, media stuff, etc.

Just my opinion ... I'm not advertising this theme, but it looks pretty nice to me.
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    You can try website builders or CMS. If you choose CMS I would recommend using WordPress and using an Elementor plugin or buying a theme.

Remove Ads