Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

I don't know how to do this

Hello,

I am a novice webdesigner (I use elementor) and my customer asked me for something : she wants a website for his project of text correcting, and she asked me this :

"My price is not fix and changes according to the hour I spend on a text. I want that my customers can check the evolution of the price and of the text on the website, and that they can be informed every time there is an update on their text/price."

My initial plan was to do a showcase website but I think I don't see how I could integrate this kind of functionality..

I thought about woocommerce (even tho she didn't asked for an e-commerce plugin).

Some ideas would be really helpful

Thank you very much,
    Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    I assume that English is not your native language, so I'll try to understand what you are asking:

Does a client want you to update text (content) on a website and you will be paid by the hour for this job?

Or are you getting paid to write content for a website?

I have to give you credit for asking the question in English, or having it translated. I just want to make sure we understand your question.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    The easiest thing would probably be to share a Google Doc and then the customer can use Google Docs Revision History

You might be able to use the Google Drive API (e.g. see https://stackoverflow.com/a/30241867/5654201) to integrate the list of updates with your website
    Tawesoft <-- hire me here if you need a Go or Python webdev

Member #
    Hi,
    Thank you for answering.

@mlseim:

I have wrote it in English, didn't know I had a so bad one though.

Here are the facts :

- My customer wants me to design his website
    - I will do it with elementor
    - She is correcting texts of authors, and the price will depends of the amount of hours she spends on the text : She wants his customers to be able to check the progress of their document in their profile.

I'm looking for a way to integrate this kind of feature on a website built with Elementor

@sarahswansea

Thank you a lot for this suggestion, is it possible to integrate it in the customer's profile section ?

Thank you very much,
    Kevin
    Last edited by creativeD; Jul 03rd, 2020 at 04:58 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Elementor is built on a wordpress framework?

Get a wordpress plugin for a 'Customer Support Ticket'. Customers can log in and see the progress of their "jobs".

Every day or a couple times each day, she updates the support ticket to reflect "where she is at", or the "progress" of the editing. Customers can log-in and see exactly where the progress is, and how much time she has spent, and the current costs.
    I would assume this is possible with Elementor (to use a support ticket plugin for wordpress).

Example: https://www.zendesk.com/support/feat...tem-wordpress/
    Last edited by mlseim; Jul 04th, 2020 at 01:56 PM.

Member #
    Hey,
    Thank you for answering.

Yes I am working on Wordpress.
    This is what I proposed to my customer, but I was looking for something a little bit easier to use, like a progress bar on every customer's profile with the evolution of the price.

But I guess this is not possible.

Thank you very much anyway for your help,
    Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    It could be done, but you would have to pay a freelance programmer to make it work. There would be two parts to this. 1) The place where the editor person enters their progress each day or during the day. 2) The script that takes that data and displays it as a bar graph on the profile page. If you found a "free" support ticket plugin, that would take care of the first part. Now you would only need the 2nd part programmed. If you hired a freelancer, they would need access to your website. Not sure of what the price would be.

Member #
    Hi,
    Ok this is what I thought, thank you a lot for your kind help !

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Remove Ads