Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question How do you measure your web design works well for users?

Hey everyone,

I just found this community via web search and this is my first time I ever write to a design community so please excuse me if the topic or the place is not appropriate! Happy to take pointers to some other places!

I am the software architect of a web analytics tool named Keytiles.
    And we would like to explore the possibilities how an analytics tool could help more/best in answering the question (see title of this topic).
    We as developers of the tool have some ideas and the new version of our tool already collecting some metrics which we think could be very interesting (and not collected by any other analytics tool AFAIK) but rather we trying to figure out what to do / how to do with them we thought it is a better idea to ask the guys and professionals at this point:

As web designers
    what would you be interested in most?
    (in order to answer the question)

To flash up some metrics we have:
    • we do track effective web browser window size (and not just screen resolution)
    • we do track browser tabs - how many the user is using and also from which content he spawned a new browser tab (right click, open new window/tab)
    • we do track window resize actions done by the user (and we also do know which content was viewed by the user when this was done) / per browserTab
    • we also track screen orientation changes (so phone was turned)*/ per browserTab

... and some more but maybe the above is enough for now as just encourage thinking a bit ...

We would appreciate any ideas (even in a brainstorming form) / feedback from professional web developers at this point
    as we would like to help YOU guys actually with all of this efforts

If you think this topic could be interesting to you you are welcome to either answer here or send us a mail with your thoughts to ideas@keytiles.com

Thanks a lot!
    Attila

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, the first problem I see is with tabs tracking and I believe there is more similar things that will just harshly collide with GDPR and EU users data protection.

Based on everything else, you are not creating nothing new. We already have all of that in other analytic software, and there is that one that uses AI to analyze website usage data and users activity which I think is cool, but then Google also incorporated their AI in analytics... Majority of people usually get all they need from Google Analytics, the problem is, some of them do not know how to use it fully.

Last good analytic solution I got in touch was I think dlib, and their analitycs AI is pretty awesome. You get even explanations on how to do things, so it is also learning + working. And you also get cool notifications that warns you about stuff, and then list all the issues through which you can go through to find more in details what is going on and then AI offers you solutions you can take to fix things or make them better.

Now if you would be going making something like that, it is also pointless, it already exists.

But here is one thing that would be cool. An AI that analyzes heat maps of how users interact with content, calculates that with time spent on page, pages of interest per user, and refferals or media through which user came to website and then gives some general recommendations on what to adjust on a website so that website is more appealing to users of specific demographic group?! Would be cool to see how program 'feels' the design.

Sent from my K7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Soul Grinder; Sep 10th, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Remove Ads