Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Hero image ratio

Hello all,

For my new website (made with Wordpress) I would like to work with hero images. I based myself for this on another website, not realizing that the pictures of landscapes they used there as hero images are much less complicated than my idea.
    My website is about our dog kennel. While searching, reading and trying I found out that the picture has not to be a close-up and that the dog should be in the middle to give the best result while watching it on different screen resolutions.

I checked the most used sceen resolutions for desktop and mobile/tablet on W3 counter, but I am still struggling.
    Unfortunately the person that is building my website (she created the main part of the website like templates etc and I am creating new pages) is not so familiar with the use of hero images. With all the knowledge and experience on this forum, I hope to get some advice here about the proportions I should use to have a good result on the biggest part of the common screen resolutions of today. Proportions for the hero image for destop viewing, and for the one for mobile/tablet viewing, and the size of the files to show the images sharp without taking an eternity to load the pages.

Thank you in advance for the time, I'm crossing fingers for help :-)

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    A lot of information about this topic .... really hard to wrap the mind around it.

This seems to be a good starting point:
    https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howt...hero_image.asp

Remove Ads