Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Learn to do it myself your hire it out? What do you recommend?

Hey all,

I currently own the wordpress site www.nladlldealsforyou.com but I want to create a site that is similar to https://www.dealnews.com/ . I want to be able to filter by categories and stores, as well as post once and have it go to the correct spots. It doesn't seem something that is super crazy to figure out. I am pretty tech savvy, but don't have much experience with websites. I do plan on keeping this for a long time so eventually I might want to add things like user accounts and what not. It just doesn't seem like wordpress is the answer, but maybe Im wrong?

Or do I just hire someone to do all this for me? Like I said, mostly just filtering and categories as well as a stores page.

Thanks!

Member #
    I am looking more into widgets and them might be the solution? Like I said, its nothing crazy what I am looking for. 300 dollars for a business plan though :/ Thats the only way you can install widgets. I have a long ways to go to cover that...

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    I think wordpress is not a good choice for that type of website.

In my opinion, you should look for a pre-made script that you pay one time to purchase, install, and customize for yourself.

There are several different types as shown here: https://codecanyon.net/category/php-...shopping-carts

Like I said, you will have to install them on your website, and then customize ... which requires PHP/SQL scripting knowledge.

Perhaps you can buy a script for $50 to $200 dollars, then spend some more to hire a freelance programmer.

Remove Ads