Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

$ Web Design Help $

I'm wanting to put together an online magazine using a Wordpress theme with it also having a subscription base for the magazine, and to allow members access to a online forum community within the site, allow them to post their GEO travels using google maps within their profile page etc..

I'm also needing an online banner advertisement system where I can sell banner advertisement etc..

Is there anyone that has experience in this area that I could source out to for $? Any help with the questions would be great. Thanks to everyone for reading over this thread. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Member #
    Liked
    756 times
    This is just my personal opinion ....

I don't think wordpress is going to be the best option here. What you're doing is too complex and requires too many features. It will be so bloated that it will bog down and not work. You'll be totally frustrated.

Saying that, I think you should invest $40 to purchase an existing pre-made PHP/SQL script. This has almost all the features you need and does not use wordpress. The only thing I don't see is the Google Map usage. But if you do use Google Maps, you will pay extra to Google just for using their map API.

If you use a pre-made script / system like I mentioned, you will still need to hire a freelance programmer to customize it for your exact needs and populate the site with your own photos, or non-copyrighted images and content. Using a script like that is not just "plug and play", but it sets the groundwork and pretty much gets most of the scripting in-place right out of the starting box.

This is one example that I am mentioning. I think there are others as well. This one has good reviews and good support from the author.

https://codecanyon.net/item/infinite...cript/19890709

Don't just buy it and try to install it. Do some research and seek a freelance programmer that can let you know how much work it will take to build a site using a pre-made script like the one mentioned.

I don't know how much time or effort this will take, but it won't be free. Perhaps if you spend $1000-1500 to build from that script you can compensate by selling ads.

Member #
    mlsein - thank you very much for you input and appreciate the feedback too. Most important is to have a client login base where no one can see the content unless the individual is a paid subscriber. Google Maps can wait. I'l check out the link you too.

Member #
    I'm finding it difficult to come up with ideas. Id like to build a community networking forum for a niche concept. But every forum looks the same, how do you become different than the next guy?

Member #
    Liked
    756 times
    You spend thousands of dollars to have a custom forum built from scratch.
    It's a huge programming task that will require some really advanced programmers.

Nobody really cares about how a "forum looks". It's the content and the people that define a forum.

When you came here to this forum did you say to yourself ...."Gee, this looks boring and the same as everywhere else" ?
    I'm guessing you didn't even think about that.

But you're right, this is a plain vBulletin Solutions forum ... hundreds of them in use.

Remove Ads