Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Creating an educational catalog

Hello!
    I am new to web design, but was hired by my school to create an online catalog of resources about sustainable design for use by the general public, students and professors. Within the website, it would have a branching link tree of resources and examples of different concepts. The user would also need to be able to search the tree with a searchbar and have the tree be easily editable/ easy to maintain. Is there any kind of website builder that already has a feature like that? Or advice on how to incorporate a catalog of branching information into a website. Or is there a. different type of online tool that is not a website builder?
    Thank you, let me know if you need more description of what I am describing.
    Last edited by sarkol; Jan 19th, 2021 at 03:40 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Is the school having you install this on their own website?
    How is this site going to be hosted?

A hard topic to answer because you have the need for some people to be able to easily edit information ... but not everyone?
    So it needs a whole admin section just for 'members' to be able to control content.

Because Google is such a huge source for sustainable ideas, perhaps a script that deals with just links to existing online sources?

This is really hard to wrap my head around.

Member #
    It will be hosted on a separate website. The school will pay for it, I decide the platform. The Catalog will be a section of that site you can access. That's what I was thinking too, so I didn't have to write very much content, I could just have links to specific online resources available, and sorted in a way that is easy to navigate and makes sense. This is the basic idea for the website, with the catalog portion I will be working on expanded. I was envisioning each of those sections to have multiple links associated with the topic, including some links within the site. Any ideas on where to start??? Thanks so much for your reply. https://ibb.co/18zDZ8y (put on image hosting because when I upload image here its too small)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads