Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Can It Be Done ?

My desire is to have someone build a political website for the USA that would allow millions of citizens to review current topics, and vote on them.

The problem I see right up front is how to prevent non US citizens and out of country viewers, from being able to vote.

I know the easy answer is to qualify them somehow, but that would require obtaining personal information that they probably won't be willing to divulge and probably turn them off to visiting the site.

We probably will only require an email address to register on the site, if that helps in your analysis.

Thanks !!!

Member #
    Liked
    757 times
    I agree ... can't be done. The internet is world-wide. Everyone has different views, socially, politically, emotionally, financially, racially, etc. It would be a mess of trolling, arguing, insulting, and not a very friendly place to be. Even if it was a place where people were not allowed to comment, who would believe any of your voting results? How would i know you are not biasing the results? Bad idea in my opinion.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I agree ... can't be done. The internet is world-wide. Everyone has different views, socially, politically, emotionally, financially, racially, etc. It would be a mess of trolling, arguing, insulting, and not a very friendly place to be. Even if it was a place where people were not allowed to comment, who would believe any of your voting results? How would i know you are not biasing the results? Bad idea in my opinion.
    This is the concept, over 500 people on my Facebook page loved the idea.

What if there was a NEW platform, completely “non partisan”, that’s sole purpose was to keep track of major tax spending bills, legislative bills and today’s HOT Political Topics, AND YOU COULD VOTE ON THEM !
    American Taxpayers Voice will post Pro and Con arguments for both sides of the issue for your review, AND GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE ON IT.
    The tally of those Votes will be forwarded directly to all House and Senate representatives, before they vote on it !
    The results of those votes would be a barometer of how Americans feel as a whole, completely non partisan.

So you can see my desire to restrict Voting to Americans only, and yes I have found a solution at the server base.
    Last edited by BigDogRick; Feb 01st, 2021 at 12:23 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    757 times
    Sorry I donít believe you. But good luck anyways

Remove Ads