Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Web design (and beyond?) master system

Hello again

I was just about to start coding a master system for building websites:

Never do the same thing twice, and therefore have a master system that say handles browser incompatibilities by bottlenecking them at a point where you would, say, code in a language that you concoct that would fork everything off in the right direction, from that point on.

For example, you could have a "connector" class or function that would define either an activeX object (IE) or an XMLHttpRequest (otherwise?).

Has anyone ever heard of one of these being built? I'm not just totally missing a program language sitting over my shoulder am I?

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mozilla Developer's Network has a node package that lists all of the browser compatibility data that they have on their website. Maybe if I took that and built a thing that referenced it to address (a lot of) browser incompatibility? Just a thought

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Also, if one could detect whether a browser supports a particular doohickey or not is one thing, what to do if it doesn't is another. Doesn't browser incompatibility undermine the very HTML we eat, sleep and breathe?

Member #
    the server handles "bottlenecks" usually, unless you want to write an HTTP/S server, its hard to control these things. I"m pretty sure its open source ie apache and you can contribute. I use wsgi or vitualenv i think with python. every server side language has an http server module. apache is perl i think. what you are talking about is CMS, not all websites are cms. yes you write client side code aka HTML/js/css for the browser and the browser API gives you a lot of info. ie: screen size, etc. Making websites go faster is about script execution time (js) and page size delivered (date you send to client) and ping time (where the data is coming from) the real question is, is it worth your time to make your website .000001 seconds faster or to create better engaging utilitarian designs. If you want to master website buliding study ajax or websockets to communicate to server and of course html design. All major cms and template platforms try to automate this, but the fundamentals are not that complicated.
    Last edited by localdeveloperseatingmeal; Feb 04th, 2021 at 08:57 PM.

Remove Ads