Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Design Platform for an Engagement Rings Company

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of making some decisions about switching databases from the archaic Zen Cart, our current system, to something modern and robust. Our product lineup is complex, since each engagement ring has a ton of attributes that we need to account for (five base metals, diamond*sizes, diamond clarity ratings, multiple videos depending on the options, etc...).* For this reason* we have had a tough time finding the right fit.* Please review the website, the options, and share your thoughts on what will make sense*for this concept.

The website:

https://www.engagement-rings-usa.com

The options:

Magento - we considered this option and even created a sandbox a couple of years ago.* But I continuously felt that making anything happen in Magento without a degree in rocket science is impossible.* Every little update, product modification, etc... was extremely arduous. Even though I realize that Magento is one of the leading platforms for retail, it appears to be too complex and not user friendly. Anyone had a different experience?

Shopify - this one seems to have a reputation of being the most "rock solid" of all platforms. However, as I understand it, the payment structure is based on the number of products and attributes.* We have thousands of diamond engagement ring designs and each has an average of 10 attributes, so the price on this one would go through the roof.* Has anyone had firsthand experience with Shopify and can speak to pricing versus reliability, hosting requirements, etc...?

Volution - I am only including this one because we eliminated it as quickly as we heard about it.

Woo Commerce - this one appears to be the "sweet center".* However, I get the sense that Woo Commerce is also extremely vulnerable to hackers, scrapers, bad crawlers out there and so on.* Any thoughts on whether this might be a fit for our type of business?

If I missed any platforms, please add to the list.* Thank you in advance for the input.

Member #
    I'm using Magento, it's a pretty solid option for a webstore or e-commerce site, especially with the second version.
    It's pretty flexible thanks to various extensions and modules, so you might wanna try this. It's not complex if you've got good manuals. I use many from store.belvg.com - so far, they provide great tools.

Remove Ads