Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

A question about domain names and websites

I am about to launch two lines of business (LOB's)
    The first one is an online platform to teach English (Spoken English, Grammar, business english), Preparation for TOEFL etc.
    The second line of business is a Life coaching business (Career coaching/Health and wellness coaching etc
    I have two separate domains registered..... the first has the word "School" in it. The second has "Coach" as part of the domain name.

Questions:

1). Should I build two websites - one for each line of business or Can I use the domain with the "Coach" in it to include both lines of business.
    2). What would be the best way to integrate both lines of business in one website, if I have just one? From a User experience angle what is the best way to go?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Member #
    Liked
    757 times
    1) First of all, you can have both domain names point to the same website if it were just one website.

2) The other method might be to have one site as the main site and the other located within a sub-directory of the main, and the domain names can point accordingly.

3) If you ever plan on handing one of them off to another person, then you should make them totally separate. Also, if there is an issue with one of the sites, the other is unaffected.

I would probably do number 3 just because you can get web hosting so cheap these days (cleverdot.com is $40-60 per year). That's like $5 per month.
    I think GoDaddy is somewhere around $8 per month? Having them separate makes it easier to manage (in my opinion). You can link them to each other with direct links or re-directs if needed.

Remove Ads