Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question How to import ~400 products into my web store?

Hi everyone!

So I have a business thats finally going on the internet now and need to pull approx 400 individual products off this website www.cuestix.com I cannot do it manually because of time sake and because I cannot control +click to save the images of each product...

I have the trail version for Shopify (which I dont like the interface at all) and Wix which I like much better but after spending literally 15hrs this weekend watching very single video on this subject I cant find out what or how to do it. I will go to another web store hosting platform if thats what it means of course. I was able to set something up using Shopify however that ONLY worked with alibaba crap.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    728 times
    So it's just OK to scrape someone else's website and take out a list of item with their photographs?

Let me know when your site is done and what the URL is. I would like to scrape your site and get a complete list of items and photos for my own site. That way I can sell the same items for myself. I'm guessing it might be easier to scrape your site than the site you mentioned ... since your site will be done on a free webhost. Those free hosts are not very secure so I will be able to access the content fairly easy.

Now if you have permission to take 400 items and photos from that other site, that's a different story. But I'm guessing if you DID have permission to take all of their items and photos, they would have already sent them to you.

Another option you can try ... if you're selling products from suppliers, ask them for zipped files of their products. Example, email 5280 Pool Cues and mention you would like to sell their items as a retailer. They might send you an online catalog with all of the items and photos.

Remove Ads