Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cutler

Thread: whats the advantage of using SASS?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question whats the advantage of using SASS?

What is the point of having variables when you can define them in straight CSS, and what (really) is the point of mixin's when you can just put another css class name on your HTML element? And what else is good about SASS? I know you can loop and stuff, just expanding my web design horizons and looking for some answers

Thank you!

Member #
    The biggest advantage of using SASS is that it facilitates you to write clean, easy and less CSS in a programming construct.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know it uses programming, lets say I had a page that had two styled div's and a centered css class. I would just call the centered css class on the divs if I wanted to center the divs. What is the advantage of using sass in this situation? I'm just trying to pin-point whats righteous about it before I pick it up.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    There is just a lot of customization you can do with it. You can set special hex colors to common names like "green". There is the hierarchy component. I don't use it, but that is because I'm too lazy to import it. In short, you don't need it and a lot of people that know it quickly set it up end then end up using none if its functionality. Not a requirement to become a pro web dev.
    Cinder likes this.
    $1/year Portfolio Hosting with Promo Code: WEBDESIGNFORUMS

Agency: Marshalled Makers
    Hosting: Marshalled Makers Hosting

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok cool man thanks. I'll probably look into it anyways, I was just thinking to myself you know you can set variables in css, like "--green", as far as variables are concerned, and you can assign more than one class to something. Beyond that I'm like ok maybe you could cut down on the class names text size a little bit, but other than that there's no advantage to using it.

Thanks for the advice though, much appreiciated.

Remove Ads