Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Have you made a WordPress website that doesn't look like WordPress and is professiona

Member #

Have you made a WordPress website that doesn't look like WordPress and is professiona

Have you ever started an ecommerce website? If the route I've decided to take was managed wordpress hosting and of course a WordPress website. With all of the options available what are the things I need to check off as far as a to do list.

I understand what I want yet with so many plugins and so many plugins that are the same. What ones should I use to setup the store, the normal page area (it'll still be based upon a brief concept of the business and the products it has for sale) and of course the seo to the site along with desktop and mobile versions of viewing?

I have been looking at woocommerce, and yeast. When reading yoasts seo premium pack what it describes it does seems it can be done on my own however I don't know how to yet I know how to research and do it. I think some of the paid options will help me expedite the creation of the site. Money isn't a problem yet the lower the cost of course is great.*

Any ideas, recommendations and cons of plugins you've seen would be great to hear about.

Member #
    Liked
    757 times
    This is a tough one to answer because some like wordpress and some don't. I don't like it because it is so bloated. Each web page generated is huge and the constant version updates makes things quirky. Have you tried something way more simple like squarespace.com?

What you choose really depends on the features you need and what you're selling.

Even an Ebay Store might be the best way to go ... we don't know enough about your business.
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    Hello,
    I have just created a multilingual wordpress site with the WPML plugin and the handling is very simple and effective.
    Last edited by renaud21; Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    WordPress is bloated. If you really know what you are doing with php jquery and MySQL you can avoid some of that bloat. This kind of customization is usually too much to just put in a child theme and so you will need your own theme unless you want to copy-paste with every update which is going to be very often.

WordPress can work and does. Blunt knives can also cut through.

I like the suggestion of square space where im from it's not so prevalent... Here a lot of people use Shopify... I don't know how the two compare, but if you are looking for something that doesn't look like WordPress stores ( all will have similarities because most use woocommerce. ) and something that is just easy to manage from your side then you would be looking at one of these types of platforms instead.
    Last edited by ragnar; Mar 26th, 2021 at 01:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I use Divi with WooCommerce or EDD for my E commerce stores. I don't use a specific SEO plugin anymore, since Google is starting to base things off user experience now. I just look up the specific issue I'm having and get the smallest WordPress plugin for it. SSLs are a must for anything tho.

Some of the posts above mention the webpage builders like Shopify and squarespace. Def go with those if you are planning on doing something extremely simple and you aren't planning on growing too big. But for anything else, WooCommerce isn't too bad of a place to start. Of course, if you want the best of the best, go hire a software engineer to build you a custom webapp using the MERN or MEAN stack lol.
    $1/year Portfolio Hosting with Promo Code: WEBDESIGNFORUMS

Agency: Marshalled Makers
    Hosting: Marshalled Makers Hosting

Remove Ads