Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help with structuring content process

Hi all,

Most people have challenges with either the technical or design (or both) aspect of constructing a website.
    For me it’s about structuring information. I struggle a lot with this.

To make it short:
    In the sketching process. How do you build website (low fidelity) mockups with well structured content in it’s early stages? Deciding what content goes where. That in the end covers all needed aspects: seo, psychology, engaging content, meeting website goals, attracting the right audiences, minimizing bounce rates, etc.

I’m looking for a “cheatsheet”/checklist to use for this process. Any tips are most welcome.

Regards,
    Manas

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by manas View Post
    Hi all,

Most people have challenges with either the technical or design (or both) aspect of constructing a website.
    For me it’s about structuring information. I struggle a lot with this.

To make it short:
    In the sketching process. How do you build website (low fidelity) mockups with well structured content in it’s early stages? Deciding what content goes where. That in the end covers all needed aspects: seo, psychology, engaging content, meeting website goals, attracting the right audiences, minimizing bounce rates, etc.

I’m looking for a “cheatsheet”/checklist to use for this process. Any tips are most welcome.

Regards,
    Manas
    I always struggle when starting a new design. What helps is to draw quick drafts and then start going from there. Figuring how to use mockup tools can be annoying so I prefer pencil and paper. Choose which information you want on the main screen. Too much information is distracting. Make sure things are designed so it's easy to navigate and go from one portion of your website to the other. Basically, a navigation bar is mandatory.

Remove Ads