Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Website migration to another platform?

Dear all,

Hello and nice to meet you.

I saw a lot of tutorials on how to transfer old websites, built-in PHP or HTML, to other platforms like WordPress for instance, but I need some help with a specific part:

The case here is simple: we want a "new look", a modern website.
    The website was created by an individual web designer, like 20 years ago, and besides basic web pages, which I am not concerned about, he created (i think) a reservation/booking system so the clients can:

- choose a room from a list
    - see the availability of rooms on a map (gray already booked, green available)
    - after the booking is concluded, the dates from the calendar turn red and that specific room becomes unavailable, etc etc

I am concerned about this. I can easily create a new modern website template and copy all info and pictures etc, but how do I transfer this system to the new website? And how do I make it also look modern?

Can someone please help me with any info?

The website is this one, and the booking page I am referring to is here: La Mandragola, Villaggio Camping in Sardegna - Santa Lucia

Thanks!
    Last edited by didum; Apr 08th, 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Does your existing site use PHP with a mysql database? How is all the reservation info stored?

Also I see you can book on other sites like booking.com and readytotrip.com .... how does that work in regards to their website. If I book on another site, how does their website update?
    Last edited by mlseim; Apr 09th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.

Remove Ads