Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How is this not the solution to all the worlds problems?

Code:
    class BinaryAlternator {
        alternate() {
            this.value = this.value ? 0 : 1;
        }
        constructor() {
            this.value = 1;
        }
    }
    ?

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Define the problem you think this is a solution to. By itself, it means nothing.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    @Wired ...

Cinder's project has been going on for a while now. Some sort of compressed "build a website similar to how you order a Tesla online". You pick your features and you get a website. A bizarre flurry of bit compressions and boolean manipulation that so far has been way over my head. Either Cinder is a genius, or an alien lost in our solar system. Read the other threads. But Cinders may have the last laugh ... Cinders may be onto the next breakthrough in scripting ... I don't know.

@Cinders ...

Keep at it. You seem to have a very creative mind and there's nothing wrong with that. Just realize that we (the regulards on WDF) might not be at quite the same level of consciousness as you. Some of the posts I have no idea what it even means.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Like ok I don't mean to sound vague or negative or anything, I sincerely mean that:

Ok if we have a problem, there are two ways of going about solving it.

One, the correct way, is indifference. The answer to any problem is "1" (this is demonstratable). We just sit tight and the problem is so much as already solved.

The second, the incorrect way (but what we, as a group, seem to be going for) is to take the first way of doing things and extend it, so as to seemingly give it a diameter of 2 and not 1, where when it is 1 the problem is already solved, and when it is 2 we must account for a larger "sphere". This means tailoring machinery/etc.

What I'm asking, basically, is if the diameter is 2, how is something like a simple alternator not the solution to any problem thereafter? If something doesn't work, you just alternate and use that to solve the problem. Do people simply not know what the alternative(s) are?

And no worries I know all this stuff is far out, that's totally what it is and I don't expect any concrete answers or anything, just putting it out there to get some exposure. Anyways thanks a lot

-- edit --

My point is basically that I'm sitting here working on this project and wondering what I'm even doing, when it comes down to it. I'm taking all of the types in JS and generalizing them to come up with a fundamental process with which to deal with all data. One has to wonder, while one is doing this, why not just ride the indifference?

-- edit --

Point being, by the time I get this thing done I've made everything the same. Why not just accept indifference and call it a day?

I mean this very light-heartedly
    Last edited by Cinder; Apr 22nd, 2021 at 10:08 AM.

Remove Ads