Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

My animation text is working, but, do you have to link to an image to put an image on

I am a bit confused when putting images that move on a website, because I am wondering, if you link to an image on the internet, what happens if that site gets updated or removed.
    Then what happens to your image, if you have done a website for a client that has an animated image on, but it links to a website with that image.
    Is there a way to put an image in your animation that will stay there and that you do not have to link to.
    example:
    here is my html code that animates text. after I have put the correct code in style.css and functions.php file in child theme in wordpress.
    I know I can put an image src to a link inbetween, where the text goes, but I am worried about that image going missing off the website, if that site it links to dissappears.

<div class="ball">ball moving</div>
    <div class="ball bouncing">ball moving</div>

Member #
    Liked
    756 times
    You store the image on your own website ... specifically in a directory within your theme folders.
    There is a directory for "images" or "uploads".
    Put your image there and then point to it.
    The pathname might be wonky ... you'll have to determine how that goes.
    Perhaps look at other examples in the script where they reference javascript or css files.
    Do a similar path reference to your image(s).

Remove Ads