Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim
  • 1 Post By ragnar

Thread: How can make a SEO Friendly website design?

Member #

Unhappy How can make a SEO Friendly website design?

I work in web designing, when I do web design for a company I use H1, H2 tags, meta titles, met descriptions, image alt tags. And I design the site with the content that gives to create a website. But even if their company's website ranks low on Google, do I have anything to do?

Do I have to do anything other than these?

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    Itís all about content. SEO is BS. Nobody cares anymore. In fact, most small businesses donít even have websites. No need to. Social media and online google business listings is all that they need. If they really need a website, then a single page is enough. If a business needs online sales and catalogs, then it gets more complex, but that is a small percentage of businesses. If a business is big enough to require a professionally designed site, they wonít be hiring any of us, including myself.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jul 06th, 2021 at 07:07 PM.
    sumonaziz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    SEO as in the organic part of it is being flushed out by google. Directory sites get a major preference for ranking. So yes aGMB listing would serve you well, but a GMB listing also gets a lot of ranking signals from the actual website and there are only 3 spots. The main thing I wanted to say was Google is pushing these directory sites as a message to all businesses if you want to be seen on top of google you can pay us for it via AdWords thanks and goodbye. Anycase AdWords compared to SEO if you factor in time is the same if not cheaper than traditional SEO.

I also think this is why Google has eased up on penalties for black hat SEO because they know, in the end, it won't matter, it's going to be AdWords GMBs, directories, and then the rest.

Then as you've mentioned Social media is also at the same time turning into the new google for many people.

Another not threat but something that takes away from website designers is DIY builders, not sure if they ever rank well, and the design is sometimes awful but hey at this point from what I've seen, most businesses don't care about that.

Its a rough time ahead for SEOs and website designers unless you try to adapt.
    sumonaziz likes this.

Member #
    @mlseim But if the site leads so many products and services with different pages, then what to do?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    SEO as in the organic part of it is being flushed out by google. Directory sites get a major preference for ranking. So yes aGMB listing would serve you well, but a GMB listing also gets a lot of ranking signals from the actual website and there are only 3 spots. The main thing I wanted to say was Google is pushing these directory sites as a message to all businesses if you want to be seen on top of google you can pay us for it via AdWords thanks and goodbye. Anycase AdWords compared to SEO if you factor in time is the same if not cheaper than traditional SEO.

I also think this is why Google has eased up on penalties for black hat SEO because they know, in the end, it won't matter, it's going to be AdWords GMBs, directories, and then the rest.

Then as you've mentioned Social media is also at the same time turning into the new google for many people.

Another not threat but something that takes away from website designers is DIY builders, not sure if they ever rank well, and the design is sometimes awful but hey at this point from what I've seen, most businesses don't care about that.

Its a rough time ahead for SEOs and website designers unless you try to adapt.
    @ragnar thanks to give me such a piece of information.

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    @sumonaziz ...
    You are right that if it has an actual gallery, catalog, ordering of products you can spend some time on the header portion. Each page displayed can use the same header (top of the website page). Like this forum you are using now, it will most likely be PHP and the content is rendered dynamically. There are not multiple HTML pages ... each page contains the same header (part above <body> ) and then the content which is rendered from a database of content/photos/files by using PHP.

Google ranking will also vary by geographic location. Some site locations in the world are not well liked by Google.

Remove Ads