Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question I need feedback on a website design idea?

Does this website idea sound childish? Had some really disrespectful comments online about my idea upon hearing I have an animated background and music player, there was comparison to it being too teen-like but I don't see it as teen-like at all but I'd like any feedback if possible. Thank you kindly.

I'm selling quite a large selection of art prints, meditation accessories, incense, candles, essential oils, etc. Theme is simple, clean, white. Music player that you can click on the top of the site near search bar that you can play relaxing meditative music that stays on whilst you browse. The background is a loop video of a waterfall.

I have it up already I'm just working on it a bit before it goes fully live otherwise I'd share a link or photo here. My friends and family said it looks professional and clean and they think the music is a nice touch but some people online have said I shouldn't have music on a website or an animated background because it's childish. I don't understand how this is childish but if someone can let me know what you think I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    You need to give us the URL, or link to see it.

Member #
    I don't have it live yet I was just wondering based on the idea.

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    The problem with music and animations is browser compatibility. If people visit on desktops, laptops, smartphones, etc. Some of those things might not work, and/or cause the site not to load. If you feel your only visitors will be using desktops, then go for it.

If you are able to find a theme that is already created (such as wordpress, or some HTML5 theme), and that theme is compatible with all browsers and devices, then again, go for it.

I personally think that animations and music would not be a good idea, but it's your site, not mine. I don't want sounds to happen without my control. It's the same thing when I visit a site with a pop-up ad or animation that plays sound ... I have to quickly silence my phone (awkward and embarrassing).

You may want to build your site on "square.com" and utilize their already built-in ecommerce system. A simple site that shows your items, let's people shop and then pay. Simple and to the point. If you sell at boutiques or sales booths, you can use the same square.com system with credit card device on your phone.

Are people going to be more inclined to purchase your items because of the water fall and music?

Remove Ads