Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Which one is better and why? What are the ups and downs of each and bugs. What improvements need to be made for each one.

JR
    Member #
    I couldn't comment on Go-Live - I doubt many people will be able to but Dreamweaver is cool.

What would be really cool for Dreamweaver is if it had some kind of server built in so when you went into preview mode or looked at the site you could use the server side code.
    JR

Member #
    thanks jr

I always used go-live ever since cyber studio. i just started using dreamweaver. I use fireworks a lot so im picking up dreamweaver fast. Im having a hard time controlling iframes and editing tables in dreamweaver. Anyone else have problems in dreamweaver. Bugs, things macromedia should fix?

Thanks JR

Brian

Member #
    strange enough i thought it was just me who was having the problems with tables using dreamweaver.. I found myself handcoding the tables .. unlike when i first started designing i was using frontpage and frontpage had a table eraser. that you could use to erase certain lines. I miss that feature since i dont use frontpage anymore..

other then that dreamweaver is a nice program ..
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    I have used both, I have had dreamweaver MX for a long time now but a few days ago I decided to try Go Live on trial, and put it this way, you will not find it on my computer again, I took it off after a few hours of play, it's good compared to most but its hard to get used to but I didn't like the way it worked at all, plus I like the way dreamweaver highlights html tags as I spend most of my time in that view if I use it at all instead of notepad.

Inless you are new to webdesign I wouldnt "Go Live" if I was you. However if you are a beginner and just looking for a little mess around then by all means buy it. I for one didnt like the layout of it all and didnt bother setting it up for my own preference.

It will make a new comers life easy though with features such as a layout grid, that allows you to place objects any where on it with a simple drag and drop system which may be handy for people looking to design sites quick,

Not for me though!

Member #
    Dreanweaver's great for quick coding, especially when it learns your tags in XML. The preview pane isn't too great with CSS though, but that's what F12 is there for

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    When I was running demos of both, I'd always do the tables in Go Live. Now that DMX 7.0 is out, I might d/l that and try tables in it.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I'm not sure if they have this in Go Live, but I love Dreamweaver Snippets. I make new ones every day. It's little things like this that make Dreamweaver truly useful.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    snippets???

what do snippets do? Is anyone else having trouble adding subtracting cells from a table in dreamweaver MX? I do like when you are FTP on a server you can save directly to server kinda nice. any other bugs in dreamweaver or go-live?

Member #
    If you are talking about merging cells it's really easy. Shift-click in the cells you want to merge -> right-click -> Table -> Merge Cells. Same thing for splitting, but choose Split Cell. Changes colspan and rowspan for ya. Easy as pie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads