Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've done a search, and it doesn't appear that this topic has been talked about...at all...which kind of shocks me. Has anyone heard anything/does anyone know anything about the new "Use Movable Type to design your website" craze? I'm very interested in it, and if anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Katie

Member #
    Are you talking about www.movabletype.org ?

Member #
    Yeah. A lot of people are apparently using the MT interface to actually design and publish their entire site, not just the blog part.

Member #
    I took a quick look at the install directions, and they look pretty indepth, but they're detailed, so you could learn a lot just by installing it. Also, the support forum looks pretty busy, which is a good sign. However, unless you're going to use this package to it's fullest extent, it may be easier to make your own website. This looks like it will take a decent amount of time to install/set up.

Never used it myself, so I can't speak from experience, those are just my first impressions.

Member #
    I know. I just wanted to know if anyone else was into it already. I'm very interested in using this for my site design. If I learn about it more, I'll post it up in a forum.

Remove Ads